Oh no! You need quick money, but where can you find it? Here are some places to look around for a few bucks:
- Shoe boxes: Do you have some savings bonds still lingering around? Check your closet and shoe boxes. You may be able to redeem them for cash money! Find out more at treasurydirect.gov.
- State’s Unclaimed Office: Check your state’s unclaimed money office for old paychecks, utility deposits, and bank accounts.
- Pockets: When the seasons change and you put your winter coats away, check those pockets. There may be some money in there.
- Couch cushions: It’s the traditional money searching spot because it’s so successful.
- Books: Dollars make great bookmarks. So you have some money holding a page when a slip of paper would do?
- Behind the furniture: Coins love rolling behind the heaviest piece of furniture you have.
- The Junk Drawer: Money likes to nest in junk drawers.
That should keep you busy for a while. Now, go find your money!