That’s right – one hundred USDA Prime blog posts served piping hot or chilled to perfection. Let’s take a moment for a retrospective of some of the best posts:
- Exploding Straightirons and Property Insurance: Not only the first blog post, but also the most harrowing.
- Free Credit Report: Where and how to get the free credit report you’ve been searching for.
- This American Life – Four of My Favorites (Economy Edition): Throughout the recession, did you ever wonder, “How did this happen?” Let This American Life‘s crack journalists get you up to speed.
- How I Pick a Checking Account: I have a free checking account that pays me 3.75% interest. Learn how I find such splendid deals, and get them for yourself.
- Handy Debt Paydown Letter: Here’s the form I use to pay down my debts, provided to you as a public service. Enjoy!
- How Marginal Tax Rates Work: Marginal tax rates are often misunderstood, develop your tax knowledge here.
- Cash Advances: Playing with metaphorical fire or literal fire? You decide.
- The Dangers of Following Gurus: Do you want a ringside seat to a dust-up between a financial planner and the followers of a talk show entertainer? Of course you do.
- Tax Refunds from Chain Tax Preparers: Because a “refund” isn’t always a refund.
- Co-signing Loans: find out all about paying off someone else’s debt.
- Discover® Has Really Misjudged Me: Enjoy a post-modern deconstruction of a credit card offer.
- Financial Ratios: How Much Rent Can I Afford?: The rent is too darn high. Especially if your rent ratio is out of whack.
- How To Be Poor Forever, In 7 Easy Steps: ProTip – avoid earning money, and spend more than you earn.
- How to Have Magical Money Superpowers: It does not involve being pinched by a radioactive money clip.
- Intermission: “Advice to a Young Tradesman, Written by an Old One”: This is why Benjamin Frankiln is recommended by 9 out of 10 dentists (or something like that).*
- Intermission: Tulip Edition: Because the fair price for a tulip bulb is your life savings.**
- Where To Get a Basic Education in Investing: for free.
- Let Me Show You How To Stop Unwanted Credit Card Offers Forever: You’re going to like this, unless you enjoy receiving reams of pre-approved credit card offers.
- Scandal in the Couponiverse?: That’s right, coupon clipping moms and scandal, all in the same post.
- Don’t Buy Stuff You Cannot Afford: Because Saturday Night Live and temperate spending habits go together like green eggs and ham.
- Smart and Sassy Guide to Budgeting: Part 1: Overview: Start your journey to a well managed cash flow here!
* Or nothing like that at all. In the interest of full disclosure, I just made that statistic up.
** I’m not making this up! See for yourself!