Seriously, Discover®, “NO WORRIES”? Show of hands, who here thinks that a 0% introductory APR for 18 months is the equivalent of “NO WORRIES?” We’ll, I can tell you my hand isn’t raised. Let’s compare and contrast:
List of Things That Cause Me No Worries
- Back massage
- Steak dinner
- Hiking with the dog
- Birthday presents
- Sleeping in on Sunday
- and so on…
List of Things That Cause Me Worries
- Global climate change
- Running into a deer with my car
- Upcoming certification tests
- Having an outstanding credit card balance for any period of time, let alone 18 months, regardless of interest rate*
- Conflict in the Mid-East and its implications to U.S. foreign policy
- and so on…
In summary: having an introductory APR of 0% for 18 months does not, in fact, equal no worries for me.
NO, I bet you’re thinking: “Hey, wait a second, didn’t you opt-out of prescreened credit card offers permanently!”
You would be right, I did.
“Then how is it you got another one?”
I’m glad you asked. You see, when you pot out, you opt out at the credit company’s level. They already sold my information before I opted out to Discover®. That means I may get another letter or two before the opt-out takes.
* OMG! I’d just die from demoralization. Getting credit card bills are so depressing.